Search More On This Site:

Thursday, December 17, 2009

PRE-EVENT: Red Epic in Tokyo - RedDay

As I write this, I am on the train on my way to Tokyo station, late to a presentation to be given by the Red leader of propaganda, Ted Shilowitz.

The mind drifts...

I catch myself wondering what wonders he will divulge. Will we see the new Red Epic camera? And even if we do, what does this mean to the film industry at large? Does one product have the power to change the way we see the world?

Yes.

It does. Aspirin, iPhone, bandaid, IBM, xerox, and even Michael Jordan.

A new product can send shockwaves through an entire industry.

At first everybody saw Red as an hoax. After release Red became a target for smear. And now on the dawn to the next gen Epic and Scarlet releases Red is seen as a threat. Which is exactly what an industry changing product should cause.

Fear.

I hope the others are listening. They have a lot of homework to catch up on.

Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment